P-NUT Research support
On the website since: 01-09-2020
The PhD Network University of Twente (P-NUT) is currently searching for a (preferably master) student to assist in conducting research-oriented tasks (e.g. conducting interviews for the Include-U project. Include-U is about developing a sustainable platform to facilitate inclusion of international doctoral candidates of the University of Twente. P-NUT has already done some preliminary work, such as identifying key themes and stakeholders, and writing a research plan. The student who gets the position will be guided by a PhD candidate in all of the tasks.
You can apply to the position via the UTFLEX system: “Research support – Include-U project” (Task number: 102280457).
For more inquiries about the project and tasks, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraunhofer Project Center (FEST)
On the website since: 01-09-2020
FEST is a student team of the Fraunhofer Project Center (FPC) at University of Twente. FPC The focus of the Fraunhofer Project Center is to transfer current research in advanced manufacturing directly into industrial practice. FEST stands for Fraunhofer project center (FPC) Expertise Student Team. FEST aims to support companies to attract new talent, starting with companies close to the University of Twente.
As students (both local and international) from the University of Twente graduate, they leave the Twente region which has led to a decline in the skill workforce for this region. There could be multiple reasons as to why. One of them would be to seek work opportunities. Currently the university does not have a structured program that connects students to industries in the region whether it is through internship placement or industry projects.
FEST aims to provide a better system that connects students to local companies, through the process of carrying out projects than is currently available in UT. While exploring the possibility of connecting with students and companies through an online platform, user testing, data collection and processing is needed.
What is the scope of the assignment:
Internal research on the possible value creation of student and company connection can only go so far in validating a project. It is crucial to get real life data on the value creation possibilities for students as well as companies. There is also a need to collect and process data in real time in order to facilitate the proper matching of student to company and vice versa.
The bachelor assignment is following preliminary research on the possible value creation of an online platform. The student will need to detail possible antecedents necessary for data interpretation of user profiles for matching appropriate students to companies and vice versa:
- A platform is being developed that requires a method of data entry from students and companies like that of a questionnaire. The student will build on the theory behind the questions and a UI (user interface) designer will collaborate on the design of the layout (what will be seen by users of the platform).
- A validation is required for the proposed antecedents of the value creation in a student and company matching.
What we ask from the student:
To develop, implement and evaluate a method of data entry and processing for the appropriate matching of student and company based on shared values.
- Create a strategy for testing the value antecedents from the prior research by FEST
- Develop the methodology behind a data entry tool. This tool will be used for matching students and companies
- Use research about working types/styles for student profiles.
- Meet with and work along other researchers of this project to co-design a user interface for the platform.
- Meet with company representatives and students to explore the target group’s needs.
- Outline recommendations for the implementation of the data processing in the platform.
- Create a final report deliverable .
- Open to collaboration with others and want to learn how to express your ideas to a multidisciplinary team.
- Interested in data gathering/ processing
- Interested in customer communication
- Proactive and deadline oriented.
- Has great communication skills in English and/or Dutch.
For more information about this assignment you can contact Azlina Azman, of the Fraunhofer Project Center by emailing email@example.com